Scrub Nurse Jobs Gloucester
Nursing / Optometry Jobs South East
Our client provide services for NHS CCGs, NHS Trusts and Foundation Trusts, and other providers of NHS funded services. They deliver over 125,000 patient interactions annually, including outpatient appointments, diagnostic testing and eye surgery. Their services are delivered through a variety of models including Managed Services and Ophthalmology Joint Venture (OJV) Partnerships.
They are now looking for Scrub Nurse's across the South East of England to provide a competent Nurse provision in the services Theatre.
Clinical Duties and Responsibilities for Clinics
- Up to date proficient Scrub skills for high volume cataract surgery.
- Full understanding of Phaco Machines/Instrumentation and set up
- Full knowledge of the eye and understanding of Biometry/Lens bank/Implants • Working as part of a theatre team
- Ability to support the surgeon anticipating any potential problems in theatre and resolve them Administrative Duties
- To keep accurate patient health records, updating electronic patient records or completing handwritten clinical notes.
- To work within the requirements of the code of practice and standard of the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- To be responsible for and demonstrate commitment to Continuing Professional Development and Clinical Governance.
- To participate in training and development of clinical and other groups of staff.
- To participate in clinical audit and research projects, as required.
- Nursing degree or equivalent qualification essential.
- Theatre training /substantive experience required.
- Current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council essential.
- 3 years or more hospital eye service experience expected.
- Knowledge of clinical practice and demonstrable knowledge of developments in Optometry required.
- Experience of and commitment to medical audit.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office products and using computerised systems for data input/output and review
Skills and attributes
- Enjoys the routine and rhythm of a process driven environment.
- Ability to work in different theatre environments adapting to different surgeons
- Able to balance working independently with appropriate escalation and delegation.
- Committed to deliver consistently high standards of care to patients.
- Seeks continuous professional development.
- Self-motivated to provide an excellent level of communication and individual care for patients.
- Comfortable making a significant contribution, including teaching and training, in a small multi-disciplinary team
For more information on this Scrub Nurse vacancy or other Nursing or Optometry vacancies within Gloucester or the South East, please contact Flame Health on 07726 359 264 alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Flame Health Associates LLP operates as an Employment Agency & Employment Business
Applying for this job.
If you are a member, please login to Apply.
New users, please Apply below.