Head of contracting relationships - national role
Head of contracting relationships - home based
We are recruiting for a head of contracting relationships for our client who is one of the leading providers of NHS-funded ophthalmology services in England.
They provide services for NHS CCGs, NHS Trusts and Foundation Trusts, and other providers of NHS funded services. They deliver over 125,000 patient interactions annually, including outpatient appointments, diagnostic testing and eye surgery and their services are delivered through a variety of models across the sector.
The Contracting Function is responsible for the maintenance, maximisation and growth of mission critical contractual relationship opportunities with the NHS (CCGs and Trusts), Private Medical Insurers and Primary Eyecare Companies.
- Creation and execution of a contracting strategy that aligns with the company’s business plan, covering both NHS and private contracting opportunities
- Ensuring the company has a functional repository and library for all contractual relationships, managing all contract related processes in a planned fashion
- Maintenance, maximisation and renewal of existing contract relationships
- Proactive sourcing of and market scanning for new contract opportunities
- Establishment of a screening methodology that leads to effective engagement with each
- opportunity and robust go/no go decisions
- Management of bid and proposal processes to ensure high quality submissions that succeed
- Development of a market presence for the company, building market and competitor insight
- Support in the development of short-term and long-term business strategies
- Devise, develop and drive our clients business growth strategy to deliver revenue growth in new and existing areas
- Devise, develop and drive business growth in private medical insurance market by engaging with PMI’s and ensuring contracts maximise all available opportunities
CONTRACT MAINTENANCE & MAXIMISATION
- Protect the existing portfolio of contracts to enable our Long Term Roll Out
- Support the maintenance of existing NHS and PMI contracts
- To develop strong partnerships with existing clients, and to be responsible for the management of long-term contacts
- Deliver an ongoing contact programme with key stakeholders in the new and existing NHS and private markets.
- Lead contract review meetings with CCGs/ICS’s, NHS Trusts and PMI’s
- Monitor contract performance, identify early warnings and implement remedial actions plans with cross functional teams
- Manage plans to mitigate exposure and risk to our existing contracts
- Secure on-going improvements in contract variations to improve profitability
- Educate and inform the Partners about their contracts and associated changes
- Develop the tools, frameworks and processes to drive improvement in NHS performance
- Partner Operational Directors to implement strategies at a national and regional level to use contracting opportunities to grow NHS & private volumes and mitigate risk
- Manage the resolution of underperformance in NHS contracts through effective partnering with the Operational Team.
REPORTING & DOCUMENTATION
- Ensuring a document library for the function is in place and maintained
- Ensure that all contract management requirements including monthly, quarterly & annual reporting, SDIPs are delivered within contractual timescales
- Ensure that all PMI reporting is delivered in accordance with contractual timescales
NEW CONTRACT DEVELOPMENT
- Lead on contract negotiations with commissioners, PMI’s and other partners
- To source and negotiate long term contracts with CCG’s and Hospital Trusts
- To deliver an ongoing contact programme with key stakeholders in the new and existing NHS & private markets
- To prospect and identify potential clients & establish long term relationships with the same
- Scope new opportunities to drive growth in the NHS & private market
- Create optimum market conditions for the Business to succeed
- Create a bid/no bid process for the assessment of new tender opportunities
- To develop and implement tracking and reporting mechanisms for business development activity to be managed within the Contracting Relationships Office
MANAGEMENT OF TENDER PROCESS
- Lead on bid management, including writing bids/tenders as appropriate
- To take the lead on tender preparation and delivery and contract negotiation
DEVELOP A MARKET PRESENCE FOR THE COMPANY, BUILDING MARKET & COMPETITOR INSIGHT
- Build confidence in our clients Services and the Brand with Commissioners
- Co-ordinate targeted engagement activity
- To represent our client at networking and trade events
- To undertake market research, competitor analysis and feasibility studies for new services
- This role will require England wide travel.
To apply for this Head of Contracting Relationships Job - contact Flame Health, Freephone on 0800 085 0858 or if calling from a mobile 01158 114375 alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Flame Health & Associates LLP operates as an Employment Agency & Employment Business.
Applying for this job.
If you are a member, please login to Apply.
New users, please Apply below.