Dispensing Optician Jobs in Bristol
Optical Jobs in Avon
- Working across 2 stores in the Bristol area
- Full-time or x2 part-time candidates considered
- Family ran Independent Practice
- Real focus for customer care
- Starting salary £25,350 which will increase
- Opportunity to move into a Store Manager role
We have an outstanding new Dispensing Optician vacancy with a reputable independent chain of practices in the Bristol area.
They are looking for a full time or part-time qualified and experienced Dispensing Optician, ideally someone who would be happy to move towards a Store Management role.
- To maintain high levels of customer service and liaise with the Optometrist
- Good timekeeping
- Speak to patients to get detailed lifestyle information to be able to make recommendations
- Give advice to patients on lens types, coatings, frame and styling
- Contact lens teaches
- Take frame and facial measurements to ensure the correct fit and positioning
- Fit spectacles and carry out repairs and adjustments
- Discuss low vision aids where relevant
- Discuss vision-related matters with patients, and offer advice and reassurance
- 3 way handovers from the Optometrist
- Discuss and recommend the use of eye drops and eye hygiene
- Give out Business cards and google review cards
- Liaise with and write referral letters when required
- Carry out hearing screenings, actively promote hearing services
- Responsible for dispensing and fitting children and low vision spectacles (Supervise unqualified members of the team)
- Keep accurate legible patient records - optix
- Correctly complete GOS/eGOS forms and adhere to GOC and NHS compliance
- Ensure you understand offers and prices available
- Work with the team towards targets
- A+N data updated - Communication preferences
- Stock check of contact lenses, solution, frames - making sure all-in date and reorder when required
- Cleaning practice - ensure covid secure
- Carry out quarterly team reviews, set clear objectives and expectations. Challenge underperformers and manage attitudes
- Deal with complaints
- Implement instructions
- Carry out weekly meetings with the teams
- Monitor certain admin tasks/reports and deal with any issues that arise
- Ensure yourself and the team achieves and adheres to the business performance standard
- Support the rest of the team
Our client has a reputation for outstanding Patient care, all practices are extremely well equipped and all support staff are highly trained. They have a fantastic level of staff loyalty, along with new members of the team due to expansion.
To apply for this Dispensing Optician Job or enquire about additional Optometry Job Opportunities - Contact Flame Health Freephone on 0800 085 0858 or if calling from a mobile on 01158114365 alternatively email: email@example.com
Flame Health Associates LLP operates as an Employment Agency & Employment Business
Applying for this job.
If you are a member, please login to Apply.
New users, please Apply below.