25 days holidays + Bank Holidays
We have just been instructed on a new and exclusive opportunity for a Clinical Optometrist in Ipswich
Our exclusive client, is an expanding, dynamic healthcare provider and I Is one of the leading ophthalmology providers in the UK, continuously improving standards delivered to patients through continuous innovation.
Our client is dedicated to improving the standards of hospital eye care received by the public, through training and developing a mixed skill workforce, empowered with bespoke technology into a truly integrated care delivery network; they now provide a mix of ophthalmology transformation and innovation delivery services to an ever-growing number of NHS Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs), and other healthcare providers.
By developing cutting edge proprietary technology solutions, they are continually innovating to deliver the most affordable, trusted eye care systems in the UK for the benefit of patients, clinicians and the healthcare economy.
They have recently secured a new contract and are now actively looking for an ambitious, proven optometrist that is looking to increase their experience in a community eye clinic environment, with opportunities to expand your skills, knowledge and responsibilities, whilst enjoying being part of a lively team, all with a purpose to help patients get better eyecare.
Our Client runs HES (Hospital Episode Statistics) style clinics, focussing on Glaucoma, external eye, oculoplastics and basic OMR/Vitret all within a robust clinical governance framework. Where necessary we offer consultant telemedicine review.
Essential Experience & Qualifications
- GOC Registered optometrist (no previous FTP concerns)
- Minimum of 5 years’ post-qualification experience
- Clinically minded, knowledgeable and skilled
- Keen attitude towards the diagnosis and community management of ocular disease
- Good record keeping skills
- Ability to follow core-competency clinical protocols
- Maintain a clean and safe clinical environment
- Deliver good quality patient service with effective and professional communication
- IT literate and technologically competent
- Proactive approach to learning software and policies
- Higher qualification (IP, Glaucoma, MSc)
- Hospital Experience
- OCT & Gonioscopy
- Post Graduate diplomas (egIP/Glaucoma/medical retina) recognised and encouraged
As expected in a role of this standing, all applicants will need to be able to demonstrate a high degree of reliability, honesty, compassion with a strong desire to learn, develop and embrace new skills and processes.
This is a fantastic opportunity from a short, medium and long term career perspective.
To apply for this opportunity or enquire about additional Optometry job opportunities - contact Flame Health Freephone on 0800 085 0858 or if calling from a mobile on 01158 114488 alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Flame Health Associates LLP operates as an Employment Agency & Employment Business