SEARCH OUR LIVE DIRECTORY FOR JOBS
Sessional Ophthalmologist Wanted in Wakefield
Sessional Ophthalmologist - Wakefield and surrounding areas
6-8 sessions but flexible
Flame Health are currently working with a leading Private Medical Company who are going through a rapid rate of growth across the UK and now require a Sessional Ophthalmologist to join their team in the Wakefield area.
Main Tasks - Principal and Responsibilities:
· Referral triage (where agreed)
· See, diagnose and treat patients in a professional and timely fashion
· Give high priority to effective communication with patients, referring GPs, optometrists and the Hospital Eye Service
· Complete data entry accurately and on time
· Produce letters to referrers and onward referrals competently and on time
· Provide incident reports in all cases of untoward incident
· Ensure ongoing CPD to keep abreast of new clinical developments and maintain an appreciation of the commitments and requirements of the wider clinical workforce
· Ensure that personal mandatory or organisationally required training is up to date
· Document and report significant events and matters relating to clinical governance to the locality lead or locality manager.
· Support for sales, marketing and communications teams
· At all times to behave as a professional clinician and act as ambassador for The Practice
· Working with the clinical leads and local management team to support the operational delivery of the surgeries operational plan
· Minimum qualification MRCOphth
· Experience as staff grade or equivalent.
· Record of continuous professional development
· Experience in primary care an advantage
· Sound knowledge of the principles and values that support good medical practice
· Good organisational skills
· Will have excellent interpersonal skills and be committed to working as part of a team
· Will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Clear commitment to delivering quality and patient focused services.
Terms of Engagement:
The post available is on a self-employed sessional basis. (It will be your responsibility to invoice for work completed and pay the necessary tax and NI contributions.)
· 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
· 5 days CPD leave
· NHS Pension Scheme
· MDU paid for The Practice Group sessions
· Full reimbursed DBS
· Employee assistance programme
· Optional salary-sacrifice childcare vouchers
· Optional salary-sacrifice car & bike scheme
· Optional retail discount card
A typical session is 4 hours is as follows:
Clinical Time: 3 hours
Administration time: 1 hour
Number of appointments: 12 per session
First Appointment length: 15 mins
Follow-Up Appointment length: 15 mins
The post holder will be expected to have the appropriate level of indemnity insurance cover in place covering them across their area of work carried out for this client.
Days and hours of work are flexible; please indicate this when you apply. You will need to provide your own lenses but as a minimum a fundus gonioscopy lenses for use in clinic.
To apply for this Ophthalmologist role or enquire about additional Ophthalmologist roles in the Wakefield or across the Yorkshire region or across - contact Flame Health Freephone on 0800 085 0858 or by mobile on 0115 8114360 alternatively email email@example.com
Flame Health Associates LLP operates as an Employment Agency & Employment Business