SEARCH OUR LIVE DIRECTORY FOR JOBS
UK Commercial Manager Wanted Nationwide
Flame Health Optical Sales - Commercial Manager - Nationwide
Competitive salary and associated benefits
Flame Health Optical Sales are seeking a UK Commercial Manager on behalf of an ophthalmic specialty pharmaceutical company.
Purpose of the role:
• To increase sales of company products from the UK commercial segment of the market (these sales will sit outside the revenue generated by the UK sales team from NHS hospitals).
• To seek out all appropriate new commercial market segments where the company brands can be promoted.
• To successfully launch new company brands into the UK market place as they become available.
• To manage all Commercial team activities and to effectively identify where and how any team resource should be focused.
UK Country Manager
Field based with regular travel to the UK office as well as regular travel around the UK.
The company operates ostensibly in the traditional NHS hospital sales segment (reps call upon hospital clinicians to promote the company range of products for prescription use). There are however alternative, related markets where the company products can be commercialised within the UK market place. These include:
1. Retail optometry sector (Vision Express/Specsavers, etc.)
2. Grocery sector (Boots / Tesco / Sainsburys, etc.)
3. Retail Pharmacy sector (Cohens, Kamsons, etc.)
4. Buying groups for both Pharmacy & Optometry
5. Private hospital sector (BUPA / BMI / Optegra, etc.)
6. Dispensing Doctors
7. Direct to Consumer
8. MOD / Prison contracts / Veterinary
• To increase the company revenue stream within the (non-NHS) commercial segment.
• Manage the UK commercial sales organisation identifying priority markets and ensuring all resource are directed and managed accordingly.
• Call upon key contacts within the “commercial” segment and build relationships who will be key decision makers with regards to increasing company business.
• To “target” your efforts based on both speed and size of likely ROI of your time and possible investment in associated materials such as POS and other advertising spend.
• Ensure the “Margin” of the company business is maintained and maximised “Focus on profit”.
• Establish and enhance the reputation of the company as a scientific Pharmaceutical based organisation and partner of choice for all contacts in which the brand is present.
• Deliver, as required, presentations to organisations on company products and relevant medical education.
• Communicate complex and intricate scientific concepts, present the data and arguments in a credible and understandable style appropriate to your audience.
• To become the Commercial lead within the UK organisation making sure you notify the larger organisation of any environmental blocks or issues, which are hindering the use of company products.
• At all times working within the local regulatory code of practice and meet the company standards of ethical practice.
• Attend when required company national and regional sales/training meetings.
• Effectively time management.
• To become an effective and proactive member of the UK leadership team.
• Personnel Management experience.
• Self-starter with an autonomous can-do attitude.
• A minimum five years working in either the Pharmaceutical or Medical device industry.
• Sufficient gravitas to be able to hold peer-peer conversations with business owners, buyers and account executives from large chains of optometrists, grocery sector etc.
• Ideally already working in a similar role with existing contacts, past experience and success working in this segment of the market or as a minimum working as a senior manager within the pharma industry.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Competent project manager.
• IT literate & familiar with use of CRM systems.
• Degree level qualifications (ideally BSc) or extensive previous pharmaceutical or medical device sales experience.
• Ideally ABPI qualified.
• UK resident or an existing work permit essential.
• UK Driving License required with a maximum of 6 points.
A competitive salary and associated benefits are on offer to the right person.
To apply for this Commercial Manager job or enquire about additional Optical Sales job opportunities in the UK - contact Flame Health Freephone on 0800 085 0858 or if calling from a mobile on 01158 114488 alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Flame Health Associates LLP operates as an Employment Agency & Employment Business