SEARCH OUR LIVE DIRECTORY FOR JOBS
Advanced Nurse Practitioner In Buckinghamshire
Flame Health Nursing Jobs - Advanced Nurse Practitioner - Buckinghamshire
Part-time - 15 hours
Up to £45,000 p.a (full-time equivalent)
Flame Health are currently recruiting an Advanced Nurse Practitioner to join a practice in the Buckinghamshire area.
As an Advance Nurse Practitioner your main responsibilities will be:
As an Advance Nurse Practitioner you will provide care for the presenting patient from initial history taking, clinical assessment, diagnosis, treatment and evaluation of care, will demonstrate safe, clinical decision-making and expert care, including assessment and diagnostic skills, for patients within the general practice / walk in centre.
You will work collaboratively with the general practice team to meet the needs of the patients, ensuring that practice policies and procedures are followed. You will assist the Registered Manager with duties related to CQC outcomes, ensuring that compliance is maintained.
You Key responsibilities within this role will be:
* Communicate effectively with all team members both within the practice with other agencies.
* Communicate effectively with patients and carers recognising their need for alternative communication methods.
Health and Safety:
* Use appropriate infection control procedures, maintaining work areas in own designated clinical room so that they are clean, safe and free from hazards, reporting any potential risks.
* Understand and apply the principles of the cold chain
* Fridge Temperature Recoding
* Check all emergency equipment and drugs as per CQC recommendations ensuring records are up to date.
* Know the health and safety policies and procedures within the workplace, including fire procedures, maintaining accurate documentation, consent, sharps and needlestick injuries.
* Be aware of the child safeguarding procedures, local guidance and referral criteria
* Take responsibility for own developmental training and performance, including participating in clinical supervision and annual appraisals
* Take responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal development
* Work with Nurse Lead/Practice Manager on any new training requirements
* To recognise and understand the role and responsibilities of individuals working in the clinical team
* Ensure own actions are consistent with agreed standards of care, following practice/national guidelines
* Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision
* Alert team members to issues regarding the quality or risk in the patients care
* Know the practices policies and procedures, ensuring frequent review through Connect
* Be able to manage own time, workload and resources effectively
* Be aware of, and actively take part in Qof through the call and recall of patient
* Ensure stock items are ordered and available in all clinical and treatment rooms
* work effectively with individuals in other agencies
Equality and Diversity:
* Respect the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues
* Act in a way that recognises the importance of people’s rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with practice procedures
* Act as a chaperone where necessary
* Assess, plan, provide and evaluate nursing care to meet the care needs of individuals in the practice population.
* Assess, examine, diagnose and treat specific conditions in accordance with agreed medical/ nursing protocols, and within own area of competence or speciality.
* Provide access to GP’s as necessary.
* Undertake diagnostic, health screening and health promotion at consultation/ opportunistically.
* Telephone triage as appropriate.
* Provide administrative and all nursing tasks as necessary within the GP Practice
Provide specific evidence based practical skills and knowledge in telephone and clinics for:
1. Coughs, colds and flu
2. Sore throats
4. Skin rashes
5. Diarrhoea/ vomiting
6. Soft tissue and ligament injuries
7. Abdominal pain
8. Urine infection/discharges
9. Emergency contraception
* UK registered nurse with significant post registration experience
* Nurse Practitioner qualification an advantage
* Nurse Prescriber qualification essential
* Minor Illness and Injury qualification essential
* Extensive clinical experience in A&E and/ or Primary Care
* Ability to maintain and monitor high standards of care
* Ability to direct and co-ordinate programmes of care working autonomously and collaboratively
* Effective organisational skills
* Evidence of experience in embracing and implementing change to provide high quality health outcome
* The ability to work in a changing, demanding and stressful situation
* Communication skills- both verbally and in writing at all levels
* IT systems skills
* Friendly and approachable
* Good presentation of self, enthusiastic, innovative and flexible
* Self-motivated, positive and committed
* Continue education by attending courses/study days as deemed useful for professional development
* Must keep abreast of changes and progress in nursing care.
* Have ability to work on own initiative, acknowledging limitations and recognising when referral is needed.
* Maintain accurate, comprehensive records of all consultations and treatment
* Be flexible in order to cover annual leave and sickness of team members.
* Relevant knowledge of the QOF management tool
To apply for this Job or enquire about additional Advanced Nurse Practitioner job opportunities in the Buckinghamshire area - contact Flame Health Freephone on 0800 085 0858 or if calling from a mobile on 01158 114488 alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Flame Health Associates LLP operates as an Employment Agency & Employment Busines