SEARCH OUR LIVE DIRECTORY FOR JOBS
Deputy Site Manager (Optical Lab) Wanted in Central London
Flame Health Optical Sales - Deputy Site Manager - Central London
Salary of £25,000-30,000 p.a
Flame Health Optometry are seeking an experienced Optical Glazing Technician in Central London, to work as a Deputy Site Manager for our client who are one of the largest suppliers of ophthalmic lenses.
Supporting the Site Manager in managing the resources and infrastructure of the company’s London Glazing site to ensure the production and delivery of their lenses to the specified standards. Responsible for the daily organisation of work schedules and staffing levels in Customer service, Laboratory and Despatch areas to meet agreed KPI targets, and budgets, whilst maintaining a safe working environment and maximising the site’s production potential. Identify and develop cross training across all departments.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
· To manage all departmental resources (equipment, machinery, people and processes) to ensure that agreed targets for volumes, productivity, quality and costs are met or exceeded; liaising with Site Manager when necessary.
· To provide support to the Site Manager and Commercial teams to meet indirect targets associated to these Depts.
· To analyse and resolve process, equipment and quality problems as quickly as possible to ensure the smooth running of the Laboratory, Customer Service and Despatch department and minimum disruption to production.
· To monitor and arrange for appropriate adjustments to key production process to ensure that product integrity is maintained and quality standards are met.
· To identify, assess and implement approved new processes, systems and working practices to maintain or improve department performance.
· To manage and develop individual and team performance in line with Company policies, ensuring that employees are trained, motivated and equipped to perform to a high and consistent standard.
· To effectively manage the day to day operations and needs of the London Glazing office and services, dealing promptly with any issues that may have an adverse effect on the performance of the laboratory and Customer Service team.
· To ensure that company information is communicated promptly and efficiently to all team members.
· To understand the application of ISO9001:2008, OHSAS18001:2007 and implement all future systems and standards which the company introduces in conjunction with the Quality Dept.
· To provide out of hours support for Saturday production and early delivery schedule as required.
· In absence of Site Manager (holiday and off site) to be out of Hours point of contact for Emergency Services (Designated Key Holder for Council and all Emergency Services)
Health & Safety Responsibilities
· To work in line with duty of care to self/others and ensure Health & Safety guidelines are followed in line with company policy.
· To protect the health and safety of visitors / contractors / external providers brought to site and ensure relevant H&S guidelines are meant.
· To bring to the attention of the business hazards, risks, concerns, accidents or near misses.
· Comply with any local PPE requirements.
· To ensure health and safety requirements are met for/ by reporting team, by formal or informal inspections.
· To ensure all staff under their control are adequately informed, trained and Supervised on HS&E issues & where necessary arrange or do the training.
· To ensure adequate provision and use of safety equipment including PPE for area (in line with department procedures, Risk Assessments etc.)
· To foster and represent a culture of H&S compliance
· To ensure suitable and sufficient accident investigations are carried out.
· To work in line with in line with Environmental & energy policies.
· To ensure visitors / contractors / external providers meet relevant environmental procedures while on site.
· To bring to the attention of the business environmental hazards, risks and concerns.
· To ensure environmental requirements are met for/ by reporting team.
Education/Qualification Standard Required For the Role
· A-Level or recognised equivalent qualification in Maths and English
· Appropriate management qualification
· Degree level education
· Recognised industry training qualification such as SMC Tech
Knowledge/Experience Required For Role
· Substantial experience in all aspects of the glazing processes
· High level of optical knowledge and glazing optical machinery
· Experience of working within, and managing quality systems
· Strong understanding of production and manufacturing processes, Health and Safety and environmental factors
· Proven experience in leadership, management and team building
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Good telephone manner
· PC literate
· Experience of shop floor/retail optics
· End user interaction / understanding of optical store practices
The right person will be offered a competitive salary package, bonus and associated benefits.
To apply for this Deputy Site Manager job or enquire about additional Optical Lab Manager job opportunities across the UK - contact Flame Health Freephone on 0800 085 0858 or if calling from a mobile on 01158 114488 alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Flame Health Associates LLP operates as an Employment Agency & Employment Business