Flame Health Optical Sales are looking for Frame Buyer/Category Manager, to be based on ‘Golden Island’ of Guernsey.
Our client is a truly talented organisation and the world’s largest optical retailer with people at the heart of it. They have 1,800 businesses and over 2,000 support staff globally. Their optical ranges set the standard in both affordable and fashion eyewear, providing their customers with great choice and quality. They are a revolutionary, dynamic and family run business who is looking to recruit a Buyer to help develop their designer product range.
Their Frame Buyers must deliver the right product at the right price in order to deliver value to their partners and customers. To do this you will have the opportunity to travel throughout Europe, Asia and Australia and to work with fashion brands to develop their designer ranges. You will understand their markets, competition and trends, collating data to analyse and create market intelligence. You will get involved in price negotiations and range development, building a strong partnership with their suppliers.
You will be used to operating in a fast paced environment and will support the relationship with the Quality Assurance team to help identify issues to support overall product quality as well as strengthening your understanding of current and future technical aspects relating to frame manufacture, glazing and dispensing.
Our client are looking for experience within the optical industry - ideally as a Dispensing Optician or to be familiar with an optical retail environment, and have a passion for frames.
Strong communication and negotiation skills are essential, as is the ability to be assertive and use initiative, especially within a busy environment. You should be able to analyse data and be computer literate. You will have a customer focused approach to your work and the ability to build a strong rapport with various teams, suppliers and colleagues.
You will also have the opportunity to receive some further training and join a professional, driven and busy team.
This really is a role where you can have a great career and relocate to the golden Island of Guernsey. You should have the capacity to work in Guernsey and will receive support with an appropriate housing licence.
If you are looking to take the next step in your career why not put yourself in the frame…
The Frame Category Manager/ Brand buyer works closely with the company brand partners and their assigned region, manufacturers and designers to introduce a broad range of frames for the global product range. A strong customer and market focus, and the ability to work hand in hand with the hubs/ regions and their suppliers is essential for this role. In summary, they must deliver the right product at the right price in order to deliver value to their partners and consumers in their market.
- Develop category plans that facilitate sales and margin growth. This should be done by comparing gaps in the market place, maximising these opportunities and executing innovations to the store offer.
- Responsible for identifying and reporting back local territory needs working collaboratively with the Hub Product Manager:
- Attendance and running of the Frame User Group/Hub Director Liaison as allocated
- Analysis and manipulation of product sales and cost data (by price point, brand and gender) using computer databases, reporting systems and Microsoft office
- Monitor consumer trend analysis
- Regularly undertake store visits for allocated region
- Work closely with retail operations, supply chain and marketing to provide supportive activity to facilitate a successful and effective launch.
- Execute plans in a timely manner to meet product launch dates. This is throughout the supply chain from manufacture to in store execution, in order to maximise the sales opportunity yet minimise cost.
- Give detailed brand and price point briefings to suppliers using knowledge and understanding of the market, competition and consumer trends and build a long term Partnership.
- Management, sourcing, selection and development of product, accessories & ancillary items
- Negotiating price on products, accessories and ancillary items
- Identifying any technical issues with frame design and manufacture and work closely with the Quality Assurance team to identify and rectify any issues regarding frame orders
- Place initial order and jointly manage ongoing orders to ensure continued frame supply i.e. no out of stocks and no over-ordering.
- Ensure accuracy of product data set up within Group store systems
- Bringing new products to market
- Company travel including trade fairs, factory visits, SSCM visits, competitive shopping, in-store training and regional/international frames user groups
- Regular visits to assigned country, monitoring market trends and understanding the competition’s offer (i.e. range content, pricing and brand range).
- Attend departmental meetings as required - pre and post launch meetings/ weekly huddles/ range sign-off meetings / brand presentations/ supplier presentations
Will be able to communicate effectively at all levels and in particular across different cultures. An experienced Buyer/ Category Manager ideally with experience in Retail, you will be able to establish industry best practice and implement this across SSCMs to ensure that the design, development, and manufacturing of product remains at the forefront of innovation. You ensure that standards, documentation, communication are all completed consistently in accordance with the company’s requirements.
Essential qualities include:
- Experience working with brands / suppliers
- Category Management expertise in terms of changing and executing plans for the store frame offer.
- Flexibility in working location - be able to travel weekly to Guernsey (min 3 days) or to relocate with wider global travel expected to undertake the role.
- Ability to analyse data
- Passion for fashion and products
- Able to understand technical information & data
- Able to communicate clearly and persuasively (written & verbally)
- Understanding of modern cost control techniques
- Able to command the confidence and respect of colleagues
- Assertive and determined, prepared to challenge others to achieve results
- Able to prioritise workload
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Good attention to detail
- Computer literate
- Able to operate within set guidelines
Desirable qualities include:
- Procurement/Purchasing expertise (ideally within the optical industry)
- Multi Lingual
- Good understanding of Optical standards, directives & legislative requirements.
- Knowledge of the Specsavers Frame Ranges
FOCUS ON THE CUSTOMER
They always consider and act in the best interests of the customer
- Have a ‘customer first’ attitude
- Constantly seek ways to improve our service and wow the customer
- Understand that everything we do has an impact - direct or indirect - on the end customer
- Recognise how my role and the roles of others make a difference to the customer experience
- Understand the challenges of our people, stores and partners
- Build strong relationships with customers, turning them into ambassadors
SUPPORT THE PARTNERSHIP
They work with our partners to protect our brand and grow the business
- Stand shoulder to shoulder with their partners - in it together - to drive our business forward
- Pull out all the stops to get the best results
- Respect their partners and understand the challenges they face
- Act on feedback to strengthen the partnership
- Deliver on their promises
ACT AS ONE TEAM
They work for one company and support each other to reach our goals
- Have a genuine concern for others and a willingness to help
- Pull together to deliver results
- Consider the impact of what they do on other people and the business
- Respect others’ views, challenge where necessary and offer their own ideas
- Value what they all contribute to the business
- Be down to earth, open and honest
MAKE IT HAPPEN
They take accountability to see things through and get the job done
- Work with drive and passion, and go the extra mile
- Take ownership for delivering plans and meeting their objectives
- Celebrate success and never be satisfied
- Involve the right people at the right time to get results - and keep it simple
- Raise the bar and be creative to stay ahead
- Deliver more for less, conscious of cost
UNDERSTAND THEIR BUSINESS
They understand how the company operates and what makes them unique
- Respect their history and where it all began
- Get to know their products and services, spending time in store
- Act as ambassadors for the brand
- Seek to understand, ask questions and be curious about what they do
- Embrace and adapt to change as part of their fast-paced business
- They understand the importance of giving back to and working with their local community
LEADING & MANAGING
As leaders and managers we recognise that they are here to enable others to be successful
- Live the values and behaviours, lead by example
- Set a clear vision and direction, help people understand their role, what’s expected and how they fit in
- Build trust with their teams through honest, stretching conversations, hold themselves and others accountable for delivering quality results, being cost conscious and growing the business
- Treat everyone equally and recognise people for a job well done
- Support the development of their teams and ourselves, invest time in coaching and in developing talent for the future needs of Specsavers
- Be open and approachable, great communicators who pay attention to the views and opinions of everyone in the team
- Actively encourage their teams to work with others and build effective relationships
- Help their teams develop a broader understanding of the business and support them through change
- £40-£50k base salary
- Bonus of 17%
- Profit share of approx. 2k
- Family private healthcare
- Dental cover, to include partner
- Perm health insurance
- Life Assurance x4
- Pension at 4%
To apply for this Frame Buyer/Category Manager job or enquire about additional Optical Sales job opportunities in the Guernsey Region - contact Flame Health Freephone on 0800 085 0858 or if calling from a mobile on 01158 114488 alternatively email email@example.com
Flame Health Associates LLP operates as an Employment Agency & Employment Business