Flame Health Optical Sales are seeking an Area Sales Manager, based in a commutable distance from Liverpool, who is happy to spend 2 weeks a month in France. The role is with one of the leading providers of optical frames and lenses.
The Sales Representative is responsible, under the guidance of the National Sales Manager, for the management and expansion of the current customer base within the region.
You will be used to operating in a fast paced environment and will have a proven track record in sales and account management within the ophthalmic lens sector. This role will require 2 weeks office based and 2 weeks on the road with customers in France. You will be directly responsible for the sales & distribution of the company range of stock and surfaced lane products and glazing service to the independent sector. You will work independently to establish relationships whilst also identifying and developing new business opportunities in order to maximise turnover across the region.
Key duties include:
· Achieve agreed sales, volume and product mix targets within the given territory and customer base
· Adhere to daily requirements on call rates and area coverage
· Maintain and develop new key relationships within the account base and identify potential new business opportunities through structured area coverage
· Conduct weekly and monthly analysis on customer performance vs agreed business levels and take appropriate action to rectify where necessary
· Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analysis; provide historical data by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
· Managing, by customer, the correct balance between volumes of business and commercial terms agreed.
· Effectively manage your time and daily schedules to maximise time in front of customers
· Feedback to the management team relevant information on market news and trends, competitor information to include pricing, product and marketing campaigns
· Identify any potential shortfall against agreed sales targets and implement corrective action.
· Improve presence at the point of sale through the siting of marketing material; work with the relevant marketing teams to build brand presence in order drive sales/volume in store.
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending sales meetings; new product presentations; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
· Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
· Recommend changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitor activity.
· Attend sales meetings, functions, shows as and when required
· Confident, dynamic and energetic
· Multi lingual - French a necessity with good English
· A willingness to travel
· Ability to work under pressure and achieve targets
· Attention to detail
· Strong IT and analytical skills
· Excellent organisational and communication skills
· Superior persuasive and interpersonal skills
· Amenable, amicable, diligent and trustworthy
· Ability to work independently and self-develop
· Demonstrate high levels of commitment and willingness to succeed
A competitive salary package, bonus, car allowance and associated benefits are on offer to the right person.
To apply for this Area Sales Manager job or enquire about additional Optical Sales job opportunities in West Yorkshire or the North-East region - contact Flame Health Freephone on 0800 085 0858 or if calling from a mobile on 01158 114488 alternatively email email@example.com
Flame Health Associates LLP operates as an Employment Agency & Employment Business
© Flame Healthcare Limited 2015 all the images and content on this website are copyright Flame Healthcare Limited
Registered in the UK 07599432
© Flame Health Associates LLP a wholly owned subsidiary of Flame Healthcare Limited | Partnership No OC364544
Vat No 115360937